Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Trinity Interview and More Good News

So last Thursday I went to San Antonio for my interview. It was a really good experience. I met with the admissions recruiter for more information, it wasn't really an interview, but I feel safe to assume any interaction with anyone from the school you want to get into as an interview. As I waited to interview with Dr. Kaissi, many students came up to introduce themselves and told me to get ready for the interview, it would be a hard one. My interview with Dr. Kaissi was not hard at all. I just tried to be myself. The one thing I was told beforehand that helped is that Dr. Kaissi will not stop you, he will let you talk for an hour if you want, so I had to know when I had answered the question. He was a great guy and I really enjoyed that interview. I had lunch with the current Class President, which I later realized he was evaluating me, which I assumed going in. He was very helpful and a very nice guy. My last interview was with Dr. McCaughrin, which was more laid back. He told me in the interview he would recommend me for acceptance.

Through the whole process of interviews and meeting many current students, I felt at home. Trinity feels like a program that I could really excel in, not just attend. I like the faculty and student relationships. It really feels more like a family.

The major difference between Trinity and VCU for me was that VCU seems more competitive in the program among students as well as more strict. Trinity has a more laid-back feel where they work hard, but are realistic. Really I think it comes down to the lifestyle of the two areas.

Friday morning, the day after my Trinity interview, I got the call that I had been extended an offer for their program. Talk about fast. My sister who also went through the grad school acceptance process, pointed out that if they get back to me that quick, that means they really liked me. Monday morning, I got a call from VCU extending an offer.

This week has been the pros and cons week for my wife and I. We are looking at lots of things to decide, but really it comes down to how I felt at each school.

No comments:

Post a Comment