Pages

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One semester down...

After nearly three weeks of vacation and one week left, I am in awe that I have completed my first semester of graduate studies. It is so weird to think that just a few years ago I was just starting my economics degree, and now in just another year, I will be a full time professional in the health care industry. I really doubt my classes from the past semester combined with the courses for the next year will prepare me adequately for future employment, specifically a residency. All I am really learning is the vocabulary necessary to sit in an administrative team meeting with senior level managers and executives, but I guess I need to start somewhere.

Recently, I started an internship at a medical group practice in south San Antonio. I got in touch with an alumnus of the program who works there and will now be starting up under the CFO. I feel like this opportunity will give me better experience than anything I will learn in class. Now don't get me wrong, I love my classes and I am learning a lot, but how to actually manage a health care organization, that can only come with experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment