Pages

Monday, February 28, 2011

Presentation Skills

Tomorrow morning, I will be presenting a topic of my choice to a well-renowned healthcare executive. He set apart time to come to our program for a week and listen to us present on any topic for 5 minutes. As I have started thinking about what I am going to present, I really have thought about my own presenting skills. I feel very comfortable standing in front of a group and presenting ideas. I owe my public speaking skills to the two years I spent in Africa as a missionary. Each day, together with my colleague, we would teach anywhere from 5-10, 30 minute lessons, and meet a lot of other people just as we walked to and from appointments. During that time, I was able to study a lot about teaching skills and how to motivate your audience. As I think back on it, I am very grateful for the opportunity given to me to be in Africa, which allows me to feel comfortable in a public speaking setting.

No comments:

Post a Comment